Initially, I wanted to bake a low-fat blueberry muffin from the baking 100 everyday recipe book. But I found this recipe that doesn't require butter at allrecipes.com so I thought of giving it a try.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Combine egg, oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in banana and chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 22-25 minutes or until a cake-tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks.
Psychologically-satisfied, I'm enjoying my muffin knowing there was no butter but only the best of olive oil.
All set as the timer ticks...
Tada! A little burnt...
Second round was better.
It turned out pretty good. But need more banana the next bake.
Now, I'm a proud pastry chef/baker's daughter, who can bake LOL.
Happy baking and a blessed New Year!
P/S: See you next year.