Monday, February 18, 2013

True story: She whacks me, all over

She takes my breath away
She doesn't fail to lift my day
She makes my heart beat fast
She doesn't complain or protest
She makes me drench in sweat
She doesn't nag, yell or get upset

Truly, there's so much more to this plastic relationship
Hate it when she gets out of line and I'm whipped
Love it, mostly when I'm in control and she's sober
Before she gets rough and nasty, tripping me over
Leaving not just pain and burn but scars to remind me
To work harder, to be like her - strong, learn and sturdy.

My love/hate relationship with my new jump rope.

As Napolean Hill quoted:
Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.
Fitness is like a relationship. There will be good times and the bad. There will be times when you stare at it and you will feel like giving up. There will be times when the couch-potato lifestyle seems easier and looks more attractive.

But remember, fitness will challenge you. All the time. It will inspire and motivate you. it will help you reach goals you never knew you could. So as wonderful as the good times can be, and as exasperating as the bad times can be - remember it is a privilege to be in this relationship with fitness... because many gave up too soon.

Happy sacrificing for the things you want most!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...