I hover. On my interest.
A colleague brought cranberry butter cake her mum baked and I decided to try it as well. Yes I am a copy-cat.
Well, it is similar to baking a butter cake. So why not? Except we switch the cocoa-twist and we go very-berry-crazy!
Enjoy the simple recipe:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup brown sugar2 eggs
3/4 cup low-fat milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup dried cranberry
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius (I reduced the temperature as the butter cake I baked previously turned out a little burned).
- Lightly grease the baking pan. Line bottom with wax paper (for easy removal from pan to wire racks after cooling).
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cream butter and blend in sugar and vanilla extract.
- Break the eggs (one by one) into the mixture, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternating with the milk.
- Stir until just blended and add in cranberries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until an inserted cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and allow it to cool.
I love the red polkadots peeking shyly through the yellow golden brown.